Face mists are packed with soothing ingredients that offer an antidote to fatigued complexions and they can be used at multiple points throughout the day: packed in your bag for a midday pick-me-up or stored in the fridge for a post-workout blast of cool. They also work to help tame a myriad of concerns: they can calm irritated skin, hydrate and brighten a dull, dry complexion, or simply boost your mood. An added plus is that they can be spritzed under or over makeup as a perfect pick-me-up, whatever the weather, no matter the season.
And really, there are two types of people in this world: those who swear by face mists and others who brush them off as overpriced bottles of water. Most probably fit into the second group, but we’re here to change all that. Because while there are plenty of options out there that might just feel like a wasted purchase, you can occasionally stumble on a gem that is so much more than that.
Caudalie’s iconic Beauty Elixir is one of those cult products that you’ll find in every respected beauty editor’s or makeup artist’s bags. It’s a versatile, natural mist, loved
by celebrities including, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
With just one spritz, the air is filled with the sacred notes of benzoin and myrrh, entwined with softening orange blossom, grape and rose for a radiant complexion, astringent rosemary and the stimulating essences of lemon balm and mint. Perfectly gentle and yet rich in essential oils, Beauty Elixir acts immediately; pores are visibly tightened, and features smoothed.
A true multitasker – there are 12 different ways you can use it – and your complexion’s best friend, it sits in your handbag ready to refresh your skin and your mind, whenever you feel the need.
12 Ways To Use It
• As a wake-up spray, while sipping a mug of hot water and lemon.
• Ideal for moisturising your makeup sponges, it works wonders for ameliorating your ‘blend’.
• Right after applying your foundation, it sets makeup for hours.
• Sprayed on your upper bust or neck, it soothes your senses and provides immediate refreshment.
• At any time of the day, it tightens pores and acts like a pick-me-up to revitalise the mind.
• In summer, keep it in the fridge: the ultimate cool-down.
• Spritz on your pillow, for sweet dreams.
• On a plane, to hydrate thirsty skin.
• In the office, to overcome a cloudy mind.
• After a workout, to cool and refresh.
• Sprayed in a room, it creates the perfect atmosphere for mindfulness meditation.
• After makeup removal in the evening, it purifies the complexion and tightens pores.
Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir costs €33.40 for 100ml, €11.70 for 30ml and is available from on www.caudalie.com and in selected stockists nationwide.