The ultimate beauty trend for AW15 isn’t as difficult as one would think, thanks to Max Factor’s backstage moves at the Diane von Furstenberg show.
Diane von Furstenberg’s shows are always somewhat ahead of the curve. Never mind the designer’s revolutionary wrap dress, remember when she sent her models down the runway wearing Google Glass?
Now, the fashion house is broadcasting the beauty trend of AW15, the charcoal toned smokey eye.
Max Factor’s Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath was the creative behind the alluring look which worked a sexy, strong smokey eye against a nude base. For lips, McGrath went for a subtle sheen that highlighted the sophisticated line of the eyes.
Dian von Furstenberg said of the type of woman who inspired the collection, “It is all about seduction. By day she commands her world, by night she inspires fantasy.” McGrath built on this vision, saying “Diane’s theme of seduction sparked ideas of intense, diffused smoky eyes framed with dark, voluptuous lashes; bringing to life a real sense of feminine power, mystery and deep allure.”
Here’s the step-by-step:
1. First, create a nude base by working a smooth, medium coverage foundation into the skin like moisturiser, using your fingertips for a perfect, translucent finish.
2. Follow this up with concealer. Cover any imperfections before sweeping gold toned shimmer shadow across the tops of the cheekbones.
3. Moving onto the eyes, create the shape using a kohl pencil in black and brown. Blend this seamlessly with a sultry charcoal eye shadow shade, across the upper lids and along the lower lash line.
4. Layer black shimmer gel-shadow on top, before finishing the eyes with a slick of black mascara applied to the top and bottom lashes.
5. Finish off the lips with a small amount of clear lip balm and a touch of concealer to pale out any redness in the lips.
Follow Jeanne Sutton on Twitter @jeannedesutun
LOVE this? Why not have IMAGE delivered directly to your door each month? Check out this month’s offer here.