Don’t Sleep With Your Phone!


One girl learned this lesson the terrifying way…

Do you sleep with your phone under you pillow? This news story is going to make you rethink that life choice. 13 year-old Ariel Tolfree fell asleep with her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow only to awake in the middle of the night to the smell of burning. Brief confusion and an attempt to go back to sleep followed. Then the Texan teen’s phone caught fire. Ariel’s phone was damaged beyond all repair, melted into an unrecognisable lump, and her mattress scorched. Apparently her phone battery overheated after the pillow restricted airflow. Samsung claim the small fire was Ariel’s fault and advise against keeping you phone away from under the covers in their user guide. The company has agreed however to replace Ariel’s bedding.

Another factor leading to the phone flaming up was that the battery was a replacement one, and not an official Samsung unit. Regardlees, we think you should give your phone some space/less love tonight.

Jeanne Sutton @jeannedesutun

Love this? Share it!

What do you think? Add a comment here
Follow us
Read next
bridget jones diary
Forget FOMO, We’re All About JOMO Now

Does your friend’s Facebook make you feel inadequate? Your colleague’s Twitter feed leave you worried…