Close
Menu
UP

Irish Person in a Crisis? 54% Respond with Tea

Tea

If there is one thing about us Irish it is that we love to embrace the clichés. How many of us have tried speaking a bit of as gaeilge while bitching about our hostel roommate when travelling? The fear of the immersion being left on is now ten times as threatening what with Phil Hogan getting away with the water charges. And don’t get us started on the Irish Mammy…

Irish Life, the insurance company, decided to embrace our Irishness with a survey into the habits of the island’s citizenry to mark 75 years in business. The results are gas.

‘94% of Irish people have thanked the bus driver’ – Eh, the other 6% need to pull up their socks because that’s just good manners.

‘Over one in ten (13%) Irish people have an embarrassing middle name’ – The real terrible legacy of Catholicism is the name Stanislaus.

‘Over half (54%) make tea if there’s a crisis’ – Any figures on how often a sympathetic cup of tea is accompanied by our mothers telling us, “What’s for you won’t pass you?”

‘More than one in five Irish people (21%) have packed sausages in their luggage when going on holidays’ – One of the Image.ie staffers went to college with a guy who packed his dirty dishes in a suitcase and brought them home to Mayo to his mother. Which is worse?

‘Over half (54%) of Irish parents think their kids are smarter than the average child’ – Get talking to a St. Pat’s graduate about the stuff they have to listen to during parent-teaching meetings…

73% of Irish people have asked a taxi driver ‘is it busy tonight’ – Flashbacks to Saturday night.

29% of Irish people have been to Copper Face Jacks (AKA Coppers) in Dublin – No comment.

The campaign We Know Irish life – We are Irish Life will run across TV, radio, print, outdoor and online advertising in the next few weeks and features 75 humorous and insightful facts. See irishlife.ie for more.

Follow Jeanne Sutton on Twitter @jeannedesutun

Love this? Share it!

What do you think? Add a comment here

@image.ie
Follow us
Close
Read next
Love/Hate
Love/Hate Is Back!

SPOILER ALERT! First things first: if you somehow didn’t realize Love/Hate was back on TV…