Miss Piggy has the same stature as Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, or Ava Gardner – she teaches us all how to be women. Here’s a few ways this vamp supreme teaches us to nail it –
- AHIA! – Every good woman needs a good encouraging noise to make, before she kicks, hits, or smacks something. Every karate chop and a straight leg kick is preceded by Missy Piggy’s riot girrrl AHIA! Which has taught many a little girl how to gain respect and make your mark in the world whilst encouraging yourself along the way.
- Kermiggy – The spoof of the Kimye US Vogue cover wins. #universesmosttalkedaboutcouple
- Love life – Kermie and Miss Piggy are the ultimate Ross and Rachel. She spends much of the early part of the relationship forcing her affections on him, kissing him a lot and often against his will, to the point that it seems Kermit unwittingly marries her at some point. They never seem to work it out. In the last movie she is part of the upper echelons of fashion publishing in Paris, and an excellent example of following your career over following your heart. They do seem get married in the last movie, but who knows what calamity may have befallen them since then.
- Feminine wiles – have been puppeteered by maestros Frank Oz and Eric Jacobson. Who would’ve thought Miss Piggy was actually called Frank.
- Ageless Beauty – Talking to Queen Latifah she explained with characteristic aplomb and chutzpah that she decided that aging simply wasn’t something that suited her. Rumour has it she’s 40…
- Designer Darling – For years Miss Piggy has been a style icon – Burberry, Jason Wu and many more, have fallen over themselves to have her wear their designs on the red carpet and for shoots, giving a Muppet je-ne-sais-quoi to their collections.
- Her memorable on screen moments – She has so many. Notably appearing as Mrs Cratchit in The Muppets Christmas Carol. We also enjoy any time she says “Kuuurmmiieeee.”
- Wigs – Girl can rock a weave.
- Muppets Most Wanted – And now she’s back! The new movie takes place during World War 2 and Kermit has a doppelganger that makes things go horribly wrong. Ty Burrell (who we love)makes an appearance alongside Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais, which means there’s only one thing wrong with the movie. And if all of this Miss Piggy talk has whet your Muppet appetite then maybe check out Miss Piggy and Kermit’s BBC Radio 1 interview where they gave listeners some advice…
Roisin Agnew @Roxeenna
Muppets Most Wanted opens in cinemas this Friday.