In very sad but expected news this morning, the official cause of Peaches Geldof’s death was confirmed at her inquest. After a long battle with heroin, the much loved mother-of-two had been taking methadone as a replacement and a means to wean her off the substance, along with weekly drug tests. However it was then revealed by her husband, Tom Cohen, that she began using the class A drug again in February of this year.
As per the inquest findings, 6.9 grams of importation-quality heroin was found by the police, stashed above a bedroom door in the 25 year old’s Kent home, along with a selection of drug paraphernalia. The heroin is said to have had a 61% purity rating while only 26% of the drug found at street level is pure.
A photo Peaches shared on her Instagram profile her son.
Toxicology reports from early May revealed that heroin had certainly ‘played a role’ in Peaches’ death however it is now believed to have been the sole cause.
North West Coroner Roger Hatch told the inquest: “It’s said that the death of Peaches Geldof-Cohen is history repeating itself but this is not entirely so.
“By November last year she had ceased to take heroin as a result of the considerable treatment and counselling that she had received.
“This was a significant achievement for her but, for reasons we will never know, prior to her death she returned to taking heroin, with the fatal consequences that we have heard here today.
“I therefore find that the death of Peaches Geldof was drug-related and I express my sympathy to her family.”
Very tragic news indeed for both the family and fans of this bright young spark.
We’ll remember Peaches as an open minded, confident young woman with a sartorial gift and a passion for issues that matter. How will you look back on the 25 year old star?