We’re seriously taken with Helen James’ new Considered range for Dunnes Stores …
Not only does the new line include have-to-have cookware, but it also offers up edible treats – such as a scrumptious range of unusually delectable chocolate bars (pistachio and ginger, bergamot and hazelnut, rose and peppercorn). Make them into spicy, aromatic brownies for that extra OMG factor (€3.50 at Dunnes Stores).
Chocolate brownies with bergamot and hazelnut chunks (Makes 28)
YOU WILL NEED
- 300g butter
- 3 bars Considered milk chocolate (80g each)
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, lightly crushed
- 1 bar Considered Bergamot & Hazelnut chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter and milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat your eggs, vanilla and sugar until thick and glossy, and coating the back of a spoon.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and slowly add to egg mixture, beating all the time.
- Sift together your flour and cocoa, and add the salt flakes.
- Add the cocoa-flour mixture to dry mix and beat until smooth.
- Break up your Bergamot & Hazelnut bar into chunks and stir into the brownie batter.
- Pour your mixture into a pan (34x23cm/13×9″) and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- When ready, the centre should be gooey but not wobble, and there should be a light brown crust that is just starting to crack
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 28 even squares.
Enjoy and send us your #consideredbrownies Instagrams!
For other scrumptious savoury and sweet delights, check out our Image Interiors & Living November/December edition, on shelves now!