These heavenly chocolate truffles are made of true goodness and are guaranteed to make your Christmas a little more delicious. Clement Pavie Head Chef at the Musgrave MarketPlace shares his unbeatable recipe.
A simple recipe that will always impress guests, chocolate truffles will have everyone truly delighted.
Makes 30-40 chocolate truffles
Basic truffle ingredients:
• 250 gr of Callebault dark Chocolate 53%
• 220 ml of cream
Optional base flavourings:
• Jameson whisky 1 to 2 tablespoon
• Captain Morgan 1 to 2 tablespoon
• Almond extract 1 teaspoon
• Callebault Cocoa Powder
• In a small, heavy saucepan bring the cream to a simmer.
• Place the chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth. (This chocolate base is called ganache.)
• Allow to cool and add the flavour of your choice.
• Place in the refrigerator for two hours.
• Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache.
• Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
• Roll in cocoa powder or chopped nuts and serve, or place back in the refrigerator until needed.