From chic al desko dining to elegant at-home brunches, we’ve got light bites down to a fine art …
Start off our al desko dining series with these Vietnamese-inspired paper parcels of healthy heavenliness.
Rice paper rolls
Makes 8 rolls
These little rolls of yumminess can be completely customised with your favourite in-season veggies. Try adding cooked chicken slices or prawns.
YOU WILL NEED
• quarter of a cucumber, julienned
• 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
• 4 spring onions, washed and julienned
• 1 handful rocket, coriander and mint leaves, pea shoots and shredded beet
For the sauce
• 1 tbsp soy
• 1 tsp honey
• chilli flakes, if you want some spice
1 In a wide, flattish bowl, pour some boiling water and dip the rice paper in one at a time – it will turn translucent once ready.
2 Immediately take out and flatten on a surface (a damp tea towel is great).
3 Place your choice of veggies in the middle and then wrap up.
For more gorgeous lunch ideas, from Helen James’ exquisite Considered range for Dunnes Stores, head here.