A heavenly how-to inspired by our stellar Nov/Dec issue…
If you want to try your hand at the ornate art of origami, as seen in our November/December issue, these paper star embellishments make a spectacular alternative to bows.
You will need plain, spot and stripe origami paper, €2 each from Tiger Stores.
1. You will need: square paper
2. Fold in half along the diagonal, then open out again.
3. Fold right-hand edge to meet the central crease made in step 2.
4. Fold left-hand edge to crease made in step 2.
5. Fold top centre point to meet both left- and right-hand points. Next, unfold right-hand side as shown, and drop top point down to meet left-hand point, flattening right-hand side to create shape shown.
6. Define central crease and left-hand crease made in step 5.
7. You have completed one point of the star; fold four more.
8. Take two of the pieces and align as shown.
9. Interlock as shown.
10. Fold flap into pocket to secure.
11. Repeat with the remaining three points to create a star.
Now head over here to learn how to make this big star’s dazzling little siblings.
Sheenagh Green for @Image_Interiors