So, it’s the last day of my All Bran Five Day Challenge and I can honestly say that I feel fantastic. As far as I can see there are two main benefits for me and my lifestyle, and both are pretty huge! Firstly, I feel full of vitality. I feel more energised and my digestive system is working more effectively I haven’t felt bloated or sluggish in a week. I have added in more of the fibre advice defined throughout this blog by supplementing my other meals with more plant fibre, and made a switch to brown rice and pasta at dinner-time. Overall, I feel that this is a change I can happily embrace and maintain long-term.
Secondly, the change in my morning has longer-reaching effects. I sit down with my kids and we eat our cereal together. For those few minutes we chat about what might happen in the day ahead, I am no longer rushing around like a lunatic trying to get everyone out the door. Of course it’s still a rush overall, but by making the decision to dedicate mere minutes to eating breakfast together, we’re better as a gang, we’re better prepared for the day and I like knowing that I’m taking proper care of mine and my kids digestive health, as well as having those precious moments together before we head out the door.
One of our favourite bloggers, Indy from The Little Green Spoon made us a very special All-Bran inspired dessert. We loved it!
All-Bran Apple Cumble
- 400g of cooking apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 60g of Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 60g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (adjust if desired)
- 100g Kellogg’s All-Bran
- Coat apples in honey and lemon juice and spread out into dish.
- Combine the coconut oil, honey, flour, cinnamon and all bran in a food processor and blend until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Crumble it evenly over the apples and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.